Friday, September 11, 2009

"Don't Expect Anything"

If I had to create a bumper sticker that modeled my philosophy for life, it would be "Don't Expect Anything". This has been an important lesson for me and thanks to it I feel my life is fuller and richer.

Basically if you are always expecting things from others you will constantly be let down. If you don't expect anything every time someone does something for you or others you will be very pleasantly surprised. Also by not expecting things to happen and taking a more active approach to your accomplishments will be much more satisfactory than just "expected".

This has given me much more control and responsibility over my life and it has helped improve my relationships with others. I hope that by reading this someone else may take a little bit of my philosophy and applies it to their lives and feel as fulfilled as I do.

14 comments:

  1. Good motto to have, I actually listened to a seminar on this exact point. It is true that sometimes your expectations get in the way and alter how you feel about people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josefina,

    this is a really good philosophy to go by, because we wouldnt get hurt as much if we did. It's usually the ones we love that we expect the most from. It's hard but we would be better off if we didnt expect anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet motto it sounds very plain, but in all it means alot expecting to much and not doing anything about it is no good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. You can't rely on others for everything, life requires personal effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very true motto that everyone should follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes sense, having low expectations, then having something go in your favor, you would be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your philosophy, if you expect nothing than everything is like a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, i agree, a life is one big basile strap wrapped around the present, ready to be opened. This is a motto that I also need to live by. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agreed, many times in my life I expected things from others and was let down. Then I realized that taking matters into your own hands is the only way you can be sure of something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with that.Anything you want you have to work hard for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an awesome philosophy, I actually just used your philosophy in a text! Very well said

    ReplyDelete
  13. Josefina I have requoted your bumper sticker philosophy like three times already. I really liked it when I read it the first time in the email from professor DiFabio. I feel it really hit me because I always feel sad when people let me down.Your quote helped me realize to not expect anything, therefore I wont be let down.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats right Josefina! You are an independant woman doing it for yourself, I love it!

    ReplyDelete